I interviewed J.J. Hebert, #1 bestselling author and founder of MindStir Media, a top-ranked self-publishing company that has enjoyed the benefits of a celebrity endorsement firsthand. Celebrity endorsements and celebrity branding as a whole is a proven concept. Major corporations such as Nike and Pepsi have been aligning their brands with celebrities for decades and with great success. But, contrary to popular belief, celebrity endorsements aren’t just reserved for global corporations. Small businesses can also benefit greatly from said endorsements. J.J. Hebert explained, based on his own experiences, how a celebrity endorsement can take one’s small business to the next level…
1. Instantly Boosts Credibility: Connecting your business or personal brand to a known celebrity or expert in your field instantly boosts your credibility. In J.J. Hebert’s case, he was able to secure an endorsement from Shark Tank’s Kevin Harrington and now showcases that connection to potential business book authors. When a potential client lands on the MindStir Media website, it becomes quickly apparent that they are a leading business book publisher thanks to the praise received from Kevin Harrington, who is also a USA Today & Wall Street Journal bestselling author, pioneer of the As Seen On TV brand and the inventor of the infomercial.
2. Improves Brand Recognition: “When a potential client sees your business advertised with a favorite celebrity,” Hebert explained, “it helps your brand to stand out and consumers will likely remember your brand later on as the business attached to that particular celebrity. Your brand won’t be just another brand among a sea of brands in your industry; it will be the brand people look to solve their problem and satisfy their needs.”
3. Creates Other Business Opportunities: Once a business lands a celebrity endorsement, it usually paves the way for other business opportunities. Hebert shared an example: Kevin Harrington loved MindStir Media so much that, upon providing his endorsement, he and his team also decided to partner with MindStir on book publishing projects. MindStir now offers an Endorsed Plus publishing package geared toward helping authors receive an endorsement from Kevin Harrington himself and become a bestselling author.
4. Allows You to Charge More: A major benefit of a celebrity endorsement is that once you team up with a celebrity and you become a perceived expert, you can charge more for your services if you have a service-based business. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for expert advice and to align themselves with the experts.
5. Increases Sales Revenue: Associating your brand with a celebrity naturally increases sales. “Marketing your business alongside a celebrity generally makes the business more desirable and adds a new trust signal that pushes formerly on-the-fence prospects into buying mode and ultimately past the sales finish line,” Hebert added. “So if there’s one reason to look into celebrity branding it’s the fact that it should positively affect your sales and eventually your bottom line as well.”